Thursday, July 12, 2012

The Daily 5 - Chapter 1

I am so excited to join this book study and reread the Daily 5.  I have already downloaded a ton of freebies and can't wait to contribute my thoughts and yes more freebies. 

I first read the Daily 5 three years ago and vividly remember working all summer to prepare my classroom.  I am happy to report that three years later I am close to having all of my books labeled.  Thanks to Scholastic book orders my bins are full and I am now looking for ways to improve each component.  As I was working in my classroom library, I decided to make new labels for the leveled book tub.  Download them to use in your class.  I just laminate and hot glue them to the front of my tubs.  I'll snap some pictures of the library and post them soon.  

Click (here) to Download!

Prior to Daily 5 my class completed centers while I worked with guided reading groups.  Yes, it was loud and chaotic.  I was constantly having to leave my group to check students and everyone finished their centers at different times.  I definitely do not miss those days.  The structure of Daily 5 has made a huge impact on my instruction. 

No papers to grade + No centers to prepare = Time to focus on comprehension & reading strategies.


Come and Join the Daily 5 Linky Party at Lory's Page.

0 comments:

Post a Comment