Sunday, July 1, 2012

Race to Addition!

Mental Math Differentiation

The race is on!  I finally finished the activities for my new keychains.  It grew from simple flashcards into a unit.  I'm really excited to begin using this next year.  I am hopeful that these key cards will allow my students to work their way through the strategies without being left behind.  I have tried several different approaches to differentiate instruction and I always feel overwhelmed trying to keep up with who has mastered what and then planning activities.  I plan to continue to use my addition strategy lessons and then use this unit and games to practice strategies.  In this unit each strategy has a set of cards to go on a keychain.  There are pit stops (assessments) and awards for each addition strategy.  I started with the seven strategies; plus zero, counting on one, counting on two, doubles, near doubles, make ten, and the last six.  I also included combinations of 5, combinations of 10 and ten & some more facts.  I'm giving away the Plus Zero activities and you can check out the rest of the Race to Addition unit at TPT. 





RACE TO ADDITION UNIT!
PLUS ZERO FREEBIE!






 

0 comments:

Post a Comment